It was one of the best attended so far. We welcomed a great many children, parents, carers, aunties, uncles, grannies and grandads for an afternoon of craft, worship, games and a hot meal for all. It was fantastic to be joined by quite a number of folk coming along for the first time.
The activities and games catered for all ages and interests. February 2018’s activities included:
- Planting seeds in pots, giving a us chance to chat about the new life in Jesus that Christ gives us all through the Easter story
- A toddler play area for the youngest with us
- Creating our own “Messy” puddings
- Making “Lent Mice” with extra long tails to make knots in when we do a good deed during the 40 days of Lent (the weeks that lead up to Easter)
- Lots of colouring, drawing and games
After these activities, we got together in the church for a short time of lively worship – including singing and a brief thought-provoking talk led by Peter from our Ministry Team and Rev Paul (Vicar).
The afternoon was rounded off with a hot meal for all in the Church Centre.
Why not come along to our NEXT “Messy Church” at St Hildeburgh's? Everyone is really welcome!
“Messy Church” takes place every couple of months at St Hildeburgh’s - and it’s free (but if you want to make a donation on the day, that’s fine).
Don’t forget – there’s lots going on at St Hildeburgh’s for the whole community besides Messy Church. Such as all-age and family worship, healing services and Holy Communion, and lots of community activities including a weekly “Bacon Butty Drop In” on Tuesday mornings, luncheon clubs, toddler group on Wednesdays … and more. Check out our website for all the info. See you soon?
Full details of everything going on at
St Hildeburgh's can be found on our website: